Birthdays and Cakes
Perks of Mandalas For The Young Minds 0Mandalas are nothing but geometrical patterns. These patterns are usually circular in shape. Mandalas are everywhere. Our whole body is a mandala. Experimenting with these patterns is a buzz among the kids and also the latest trend. Introducing your kids to these contradistinctive mandala patterns can do wonders for them in creating their own visuals and learning something new.
Different room decor ideas for kids 0
Decorating our homes is an important process. It allows us to express who we are, what it is we love and surround ourselves with things that make us happy and inspire us. It’s the things we put in our home that turn it into our “home sweet home”. This is not only true for us as adults, but for our children as well. That’s right, decorating your child’s bedroom can be a huge factor in helping to raise their self-esteem, overall confidence and sense of connection and belonging. In fact, by building a room around a child’s specific character, as well as their likes, interests and the things they love, you are saying to them: “You matter. Your voice matters. Who you are matters”.
Decorating your child’s room has an impact on their growth and development, and as they grow, they will remember the fond memories of their space and have the confidence to know that they are supported as they learn more about themselves, their likes, interests and character. Kids rooms are a special space to be honoured in a home!
Here are some of the different types of décor rooms for your kids :
- Favourites : This type of design emphasizes more on what your kids love and adore the most. It could be a superhero like “Logan” or the toys that makes them happy. The contrast between red and purple gives it a welcoming look.
- Space zone : If your kid is highly interested about the elements of space , then this theme suits you the best. All the celestial bodies , stars, the moon, spaceships, a rocket are well placed on the blue walls along with the blankets too. Probably , this might dig his interest more towards it.
- Birds love : This theme is pleasantly beautiful with a sky blue shade on its walls and the bed while the cot and the floor is in white. The room is lit with the designs of butterflies and birds all over the walls and blankets. It gives a soothing feel to your young ones.
- Book worm : Suppose if your kid is really into reading books and stuffs, then probably going with this theme is a better option. Along with different shades of blue used over the walls and bed, the shelves are hanged onto the walls which helps to store books and magazines.
- Fishing buddy : This theme emphasizes on the fishing journey between a father and a son. Keeping all the things near which you do on a daily basis develops a personality within oneself. The green contrast to the blue patterns is all that makes it look cute.
- As warm as yellow : This theme gives you the warm look to the room. Majority of it is in yellow shade. You can have a small table for your kids to have their food or write something on it. The racks can be used to store their toys and clothes safely. And the windows are covered with netted curtains which scatters the sun rays all over forming patterns.
Airways : You could design your kid’s room as this if they are in love with air travellings. The navy blue colour palette used suits well with the theme and the printed designs of aeroplanes are on blankets, bed and the walls. This sort of uplifts his personal interest towards travelling.
Waterways : This theme portrays the interest towards travelling through water bodies. The shark beneath the water level and the ship above is painted over the wall and other accessories are all made up of shades of blue.
- Rainbow colors : The walls in yellow consists of different colored flowers printed onto it. Correspondingly the bed and blankets are in rainbow colors. This theme is too cute to be overlooked. It kind of relaxes the minds of your young ones and always keep them intact.
Cyclist : The interior designs of this theme represents the interest of a person towards cycling. It tells more of his/ her personality without even trying to communicate. Any kind of sporting always keeps you energetic and fit to face the world. Probably this theme might enhance these thoughts of your little one’s mind.
What kind of themes are you planning for your kid's room?
- PIKABOO KIDS
Importance of festivals for kids 0
Many of us like the festive season and enjoy the rituals attached to them. Some others like the idea of getting holidays because of festivals and they enjoy the break from their daily schedule. Our kids also enjoy the festive season and look forward to break from school and studies. Different personalities results in different take on the festivals.
Having grown up with this festive spirit over the years, we adults enjoy and appreciate the meaning of each of these cultural traditions in our lives, or we even consider these days to be auspicious to begin something new, or make a purchase, but do you think children these days really know and understand the significance of festivals and traditions?
As elders it is our sole responsibility to teach our kids the importance of celebrating these festivals and the rituals involved with it. As the saying goes “Everything has a reason”, there are certain reasons why we celebrate the festivals throughout the year and the reason being different for different festivals. As we dig deeper behind the reasons we will realise the prominence of it and gain a lot too. Here are some of the basic reasons as to why celebrating festivals is important for kids :
- Fostering life-long bonds: Festivals are one time when families visit each other, go for holidays together, or even simply drop in to greet each other. It is a great time for the child to meet his cousins, grandparents and other family relatives, who otherwise may live far away. Meeting like this, will help your child bond better with the family over the long run as they grow up.
- Better understanding of the Indian culture:Celebrating festivals is a great way to teach your child about the Indian culture. Knowing more about why a festival is celebrated, what its significance is, and why we started celebrating it in the first place, can help a child understand the importance and significance of each festival, and it can be a great way to impart values to the child as well.
- Tolerance for tradition: Explaining the importance of each ritual and how it welcomes good fortune for the entire family, may not register with your kid just yet, but over the long run, once the child becomes an adult, these are the very same rituals he/she will follow, thanks to you taking the time out to explain their significance.
In order to make them understand the importance of the festivals , you don’t need to lecture them for a day. Instead you can create some activities through which they can atleast understand something out of it. Following are few of the ideas that you can conduct during festive seasons :
- Create a game: Make the festivities hard to get! Create a mock contest that your child has to win, in order to get his/her precious crackers, or the dandiya sticks for example. Pose questions and urge him/her to read up and be prepared on the eve of Diwali/Navratri night. This not only infuses fun in the learning process, but also helps him/her value the celebration that much more!
- Play dress up:Get fun costumes for your child to wear for different occasions, traditional outfits for Navratri, a Ravan mask for Dusshera, etc. This way he/she gets the opportunity to play around with the props and it becomes easier for him/her to understand the reason behind Ravan’s ten heads or why people play Dandiya during navratri.
- Festive decoration:Involve your child in the home decoration process. Involve him/her right from the diya selection, to the rangoli decoration, to making the special festive food. Even if you don’t indulge in decorating the house yourself, make it a project for your children, they will not only enjoy decorating the house, but will also proudly show it off to family that comes to visit you.
- Dinner table conversations: Make festival or occasions a dinner table conversation as the date approaches, this shows your child, that you think it’s important, and he/she will automatically start showing interest in learning more about the festival/occasion.
Festivals are a very good opportunity to spend some quality time with our kids. And celebrating festivals together strengthen the bond between parents and children very well.
Another advantage of celebrating festivals with kids is that it allows us to let kids know about the importance of team work which is very significant for any successful end result, such as organizing a festival together.
- PIKABOO KIDS
Must Read Stories 0
As a new parent, there are so many things that we want to do right for our children to provide them a holistic environment for development.
I have noticed that each parent is trying to do his/her best to carve out opportunities for the same in the limited time that they get in today's busy daily schedules. But, one item that has been on the list of most of the parents that I have talked to is Reading or narrating bed time stories - from books or made up on their own.
The beautiful part about narrating bed time stories to your young ones is that apart from empowering your child with vocabulary, knowledge etc., it helps you develop a very comfortable bond within those 10-15 minutes that you spend on the story. Those few minutes a day have been with one of the fondest memories of my childhood and it has been the same way for everyone I have known who were used to story time with their parents.
It also helps to develop the desire of learning to read in children of young age. But, to reap the multiple benefits of story telling in the longer run, it is important that we also try to select the best and age appropriate books for our children.
Growth is one of the important aspects of life. Especially with respect to kids. What they do, what they watch, what they eat, what do they play, everything takes its own place in the kid's growth. suppose you are in a habit of telling stories to your children daily, the kind of stories you tell will have an impact in their minds. whether it is good or bad.
Understanding their surrounding and sensitivities ,we as parents should be able to decide what to kind of stories to tell and what not to.stories such which resonates them with happiness should be the ones to be told. Telling them good thought oriented stories leads them to the brighter side of life. Kids being who they are accept all the things which seem interesting to them. They don't have the ability to judge to situations that arise and the thoughts that invoke in their minds. So, it is a duty of us to provide them with good knowledge and positive thoughts which will eventually shape them well.
Visual story telling is another good medium to tell stories to your kids. Of course it also depends on what kind of story is being told. But what it makes is ,gets the kids attention rather faster and learning through seeing something will have a greater impact than any other medium. There are 'n' number of ways to tell your stories to kids. Just find the right one which suits you and let them explore the world their thinking.
- Srikanta Behera